Mr. Kenneth Jacobsen is the Chief of Staff, Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Air Force Materiel Command, Arnold Air Force Base, Tenn. He is responsible for the executive management and integration of the Commander's staff and corporate-level policy matters. Mr. Jacobsen advises the Commander, Executive Director and other directorates on the status of current programs and AEDC's ability to meet projected requirements. He facilitates the coordination process between the Commander and staff and brings significant issues to the Commander's attention to ensure accomplishment of AEDC's mission.
Additionally, Mr. Jacobsen supervises the activities of the Complex Historian, Public Affairs, Inspector General, and Safety offices.
Mr. Jacobsen was commissioned into the U.S. Marine Corps in 1980 and retired as a colonel after 26 years of service. Throughout his career, he served in various command and staff assignments throughout the operating forces and supporting establishment. Following retirement, Mr. Jacobsen served as senior military instructor for the Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps Program at Hendersonville High School in Hendersonville, Tenn.
1977 Associate of Arts degree in Law Enforcement, Blue Mountain Community College, Pendleton, Ore.
1979 Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice, California State University, Long Beach, Calif.
1980 Officer's Basic School and Infantry Officer Course, Quantico, Va.
1987 Basic Logistics Officer Course, Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek, Virginia Beach, Va.
1987 Amphibious Warfare School, by correspondence
1989 Marine Corps Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1996 Advanced Logistics Officer Course, Marine Corps University, Quantico, Va.
2003 Master of Arts degree in National Security and Strategic Studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. 1980-1981, Student, Officer's Basic School, Quantico, Va.
2. 1981-1983, Rifle Platoon Commander; 81mm Mortar Platoon Commander; Battalion Adjutant; Company Commander, 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines, Camp Pendleton, Calif.
3. 1983-1985, Series Commander; Company Executive Officer, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, Calif.
4. 1985-1986, Assistant Operations Officer/Plans Officer; Company Commander, 4th Marines, Okinawa, Japan
5. 1987-1989, S-3/Operations Officer; S-4/Logistics Officer, Marine Wing Support Squadron 272, New River Air Station, N.C.
6. 1989-1990, Company Commander, 2d Landing Support Battalion, Camp LeJeune, N.C.
7. 1990-1991, S-4/Logistics Officer, MEU Service Support Group-24, 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable), Camp LeJune, N.C.
8. 1991-1994, Executive Officer, Recruiting Station Chicago, Ill.
9. 1994-1997, Marine Corps Program Liaison Officer, J8 Directorate, U.S. Atlantic Command, Norfolk, Va.
10. 1997-2000, G-4/Logistics Operations & Plans Officer; Deputy Assistant Chief of Staff G-4, 2nd Marine Division, Camp LeJune, N.C.
11. 2000-2002, Battalion Commander, 2d Recruit Training Battalion, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, Calif.
12. 2002-2003, Student, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
13. 2003-2004, Assistant Chief of Staff G-4/Logistics, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, Okinawa, Japan
14. 2004-2006, Inspector General, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, S.C.
15. 2006-2008, Senior Military Instructor, Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps, Hendersonville High School, Hendersonville, Tenn.
16. 2009-Present, Chief of Staff, Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, Tenn.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal (third award)
Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medial (second award)
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
(Current as of July 2016)