Civilian Personnel is located on the third floor of the AEDC Headquarters building. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Arnold Air Force Base is located approximately 65 southeast of Nashville, Tennessee and approximately 65 miles northwest of Chattanooga, Tennessee.
100 Kindel Drive, Suite C-318
Arnold AFB, TN 37389-3318
FAX (931) 454-7899
DSN FAX 340-7899
Effective April 25, 2011, we will deploy the use of the USA Staffing (USAS) recruitment tool for internal and external applicants. All applicants will apply for vacancies using USAJOBS and will now be rated against the same assessment tool via a resume and referred to the selecting supervisor on one certificate; with all applicants being evaluated on an equivalent basis. All applicants will have their qualifying experience determined prior to referral to the selecting supervisor. If the applicant is substituting education for experience or there is a mandatory education requirement, the education and any required licensure or certification, as well as veterans' preference (if applicable), must be submitted in the application package.
Once an applicant has established a USAJOBS account, the applicant is able to create and store up to 5 resumes and submit different resumes for different vacancies on the same day. When an applicant has located a vacancy announcement for which he or she wishes to apply, he or she may apply by clicking on the "Apply Online" button located at the bottom of the page. USAJOBS will provide a field that contains the list of the resumes and the applicant is able to choose which resume to use for this specific vacancy. Once the resume is selected, the browser then takes the applicant to "Application Manager" for account setup, any Biographic Information updates and completion of the "Online Questionnaire" (answering the assessment questions linked to that vacancy announcement).
Under the Upload Documents Tab, the applicant is also able to upload additional documents, (e.g., another resume; other required supporting documentation, etc.)
If the applicant prefers to provide a resume that is prepared outside of USAJOBS, the applicant may begin the process by following the instructions under the "How to Apply" tab of the announcement.
Under Option A, the applicant can click on the "Online Questionnaire" link to access "Application Manager," create an account and resume, and apply for the announcement.
Under Option B, if it is not possible for the applicant to use "Application Manager", the following instructions must be used:
1. Print a copy of this job announcement in order to read the questions offline.
2. Obtain and print a copy of the OPM Form 1203-FX to provide questionnaire answers at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf (2.5MB) or by calling USAJOBS by Phone at (703) 724-1850; after the introduction, press 1, and listen for instructions. Optional information may be omitted; however, all required questions must have responses.
3. Submit the Form 1203-FX, resume, and any supporting documents by fax. Do not use a separate cover sheet - simply make sure the Form 1203-FX is on top of any other documents being faxed. If there is no Form 1203-FX on top, applicant must use the official cover sheet at http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf. Fill the coversheet out completely and clearly. The fax number is 1-478-757-3144. Feed all documents into the fax machine top first so that they are received right-side up.
To see the most current status of an application, use "Application Manager". USAJOBS does not provide the most current status of an application. USAJOBS Online Application History just shows a status of "Application Started". Whereas, in Application Manager, the "Main Menu" will display all Application Packages with the most current status report. This area will show an applicant if the application process is completed.
An applicant can actively search for AFPC vacancy announcements at http://jobsearch.USAJOBS.opm.gov/agency_search.asp by entering "AFPC" in the "Department/Agency Name" field or by selecting "Air Force Personnel Center" from list of Department, Independent Agency, Bureau or Organizational Sub-Component names in the next field. An applicant may receive information about vacancies meeting his or her interests by using the OPM job notification service "Job Search Agents," available through the "My USAJOBS" account.
For more information on the OPM USAJOBS website, Resume Builder or searching for vacancy announcements using USAJOBS, visit the OPM USAJOBS website at http://www.USAJOBS.gov
Applicants interested in NAF employment at Arnold AFB, TN will use the Air Force NAF employment site, http://www.nafjobs.org to register and apply. Paper applications and resumes will no longer be accepted at the NAF Human Resources Office.
For more information, contact the NAF Human Resources Office at (931) 454-4945/5481 or DSN 340-4945/5481.
Federal Employment of People with Disabilities
Individuals with disabilities may apply for jobs filled either competitively (where qualified individuals compete with one another through structured process), noncompetitively (where a qualified individual may be selected based on a special appointing authority), or through an excepted appointing authority for people with disabilities (i.e. schedule A).
· Competitively: Jobs that are filled competitively are advertised through www.usajobs.com . Search for jobs that interest you and for which you qualify and follow the instructions on how to apply.
· Non-Competitively: There are a number of special appointing authorities that agencies may utilize to fill jobs, including a special appointing authority to hire 30 percent or more disabled veterans. For more information on this and other veterans hiring authorities, visit www.fedshirevets.gov.
· Through Schedule A: People with Severe Intellectual Disabilities , Severe Physical Disabilities, or Severe Psychiatric Disabilities who have documentation from a licensed medical professional, Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist, or any Federal agencies that provide disability benefits may apply for noncompetitive appointment through the Schedule A (5 CFR 213.3102(u)) hiring authority. Applicants with documentation may apply directly to agencies. Simply send a resume, Schedule A certification, and job certification documentation to the staffing team of Arnold Air Force Base at firstname.lastname@example.org .
NOTE: Indicate "5CFR 213.3102(u)" on the resume or state you are a person with a disability eligible for Schedule A appointment when applying for a Federal position on USAJOBS