HomeNewsArticle Display

Confidential Financial Disclosure filing deadline approaches

The deadline for filing a Confidential Financial Disclosure form 450 for federal employees is Feb. 15, and normally by this time every year you have been notified if you are a Form 450 filer or not.

If you are a filer, the online form can be found at https://www.fdm.army.mil/.

The form has several categories of information that you will be required to report if applicable to your specific financial situation.

The following information is provided to assist you in knowing what to report and what you may be able to leave off. Due to heavy volume on the FDM website this time of year, it is not uncommon to experience delays in accessing your form.

Some general information to keep in mind when reporting your financial information is: First, if the item is valued at $1,000 or more, or if it produced $200 or more in income for the reporting period (previous calendar year), then, generally speaking, it must be reported. Second, be advised that in some of the categories you will also report information that pertains to your spouse and/or children.

Non-Investment Income:
• Report any non-federal income made by you, your spouse and/or children.
• Royalties or Honoraria
• If it is investment income, do not report it here, report it in the Assets section instead.

• Generally, this section is for all investment vehicles – stocks, mutual funds, annuities, pensions, etc.
• Please include the name of the fund and its ticker symbol.
• The biggest area of concern here at AEDC is owning a pension plan that is managed by your former employer or your spouse’s current employer. (Note: if the pension plan only has diversified mutual funds in it, then only report the name of the fund and add a note to your report that the fund only contains diversified mutual funds.)
• Do not report diversified mutual funds.
• If your fund is not a diversified mutual fund, then you must report the name of the fund and all underlying assets contained within that fund.
• Do not report cash, checking, savings accounts, CDs, money market funds or U.S. Government securities/obligations (Bonds.)
• Do not report your personal residence (unless it is rented.)
• Do not report diversified mutual funds.
• Do not report Federal Government benefits – TSP, Social Security, VA, etc.

• Only report in this section any liability over $10,000 owed by you, or a member of your family. This does not include – mortgages, automobile loans, credit cards, etc. (commercially available debt) – basically only report personal loans from a friend or business interests.

Outside Positions
• Report any position you held, whether compensated or not, that was not part of your official duties during the reporting period. Examples include: officer, director, trustee, general partner, proprietor, representative, executor, employee or consultant to any non-federal entity.
• Do not report positions held by family members.
• Do not report if you are merely a member of an organization (only if it meets the description above.)

• An example here would be if you still held a pension from any previous employer.
• An agreement for future employment.
• Do not report an agreement of your spouse or children.

• Do not report gifts from family members.
• Do not report travel payments related to official TDY.
• This area includes gifts that are above the reporting threshold and are generally from prohibited sources such as travel benefits from a non-federal entity (if you had travel benefits paid directly to the government, then you do not have to report it.)

If you have any additional questions, contact the Legal Office at 454-7814.