Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Children play in the water near the Woods Reservoir beach in 1975. Woods Reservoir opened for public fishing and recreation on May 30, 1953, and quickly became a destination for swimmers, skiers and fishermen. It was also used for Arnold Engineering Development Center picnics and other functions. The Elk River Dam was completed 70 years ago this month. Its construction led to the creation of Woods Reservoir, which has since supplied cooling water to the test facilities at Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. Arnold AFB is the headquarters of the Arnold Engineering Development Complex. (U.S. Air Force photo)
No camera details available.
This photograph is considered public domain and has been cleared for release.
If you would like to republish please give the photographer appropriate credit.
Further, any commercial or non-commercial use of this photograph or any other
DoD image must be made in compliance with guidance found at
which pertains to intellectual property restrictions (e.g., copyright and
trademark, including the use of official emblems, insignia, names and slogans), warnings
regarding use of images of identifiable personnel, appearance of endorsement, and related matters.