AEDC at 75: Air Force turns over compressor facility
Col. L.E. Cox, engineer with the Tullahoma District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, left, prepares to turn the Arnold Engineering Development Center Engine Test Facility Exhaust Compressor Building over to then-AEDC Commander Brig. Gen. Samuel Harris, center, during a Nov. 30, 1953, ceremony at the Center. Harris then indorsed the building and equipment over to Thomas Farrell, managing director of Arnold Research Organization, right. ARO was the corporation established to maintain and operate AEDC. In the background is one of the six compressors contained within the Exhaust Compressor Building which, up to that point, was the largest single unit completed at AEDC. (U.S. Air Force photo)
PHOTO BY:
U.S. Air Force photo
VIRIN:
260731-F-F3405-1003.JPG
FULL SIZE:
0.82 MB
CAMERA
N/A
LENS
N/A
APERTURE
N/A
No camera details available.
IMAGE IS PUBLIC DOMAIN
Read More
This photograph is considered public domain and has been cleared for release.
If you would like to republish please give the photographer appropriate credit.
Further, any commercial or non-commercial use of this photograph or any other
DoD image must be made in compliance with guidance found at
https://www.dma.mil/Services/Visual-Information/References/Limitations/,
which pertains to intellectual property restrictions (e.g., copyright and
trademark, including the use of official emblems, insignia, names and slogans), warnings
regarding use of images of identifiable personnel, appearance of endorsement, and related matters.