AEDC Women’s Club meets for last time

  • Published
  • By Jill Pickett
  • AEDC Public Affairs
Col. Randel Gordon, Arnold Engineering Development Complex commander, addresses the AEDC Welcome Club during the organization’s final meeting May 4, 2023, at the Arnold Lakeside Complex at Arnold Air Force Base, Tenn. The club officially formed in 1953 as the AEDC Woman’s Club and later changed the name to AEDC Welcome Club. The club hosted numerous events over its 70-year history, such as plays, fashion shows, scholarship drives and Valentine’s dances. Due to a number of factors, the decision was made to dissolve the club. (U.S. Air Force photo by Jill Pickett)